Marine surveys of ICSurveys are Marine Insurance surveys, marine surveyors, consultant (P&I Surveying)
Our marine services are completely flexible and a Client may, of course, choose to use all or only part of these services. The ICSurveys team can consist of Master Mariners, Marine Engineers, Port State Control Inspectors, Port Wardens, Tackle Inspectors, Naval Architects, Hull/Coatings/Outfitting Inspectors, Marine Supervisors, Mechanical, Electrical, Design Engineers and Marine Safety and Security Inspectors. All are selected by us to provide the highest degree of expertise and service for each project, as per the Client’s requirements.
Whatever your needs, our team can offer you a solution that is right for you!
- Ship Owner representation for specific surveys
- Vessel Charterers interest surveys
- Ship Owner’s Marine Insurance coverage surveys
- TT Club representation
- Cargo Insurer’s representation surveys
- Ship & Cargo pre shipment verification
- Cargo pre load securing surveys
- Marine Insurance assessors & surveyors
ICSurveys are marine survey experts. All grew up “loving life on the water”. All are currently Navigation licensed and experienced Captains, C/O, M/E so they know first hand the “pleasure” of well appointed of Client. They all further honed their skills working as marine surveyors, consultants, refit managers and new build consultants.
Working together, each partner has earned the respect of the other surveyors and they continually share the knowledge they have acquired during their combined 100+ years of professional experience on a variety of vessels. ICSurveys, not only shares their knowledge with each other, but they each thoroughly explain in detail every aspect of their work to clients before, during and after a survey.
Main activities of Marine Survey, Consultant
A pre-purchase survey is a thorough inspection of the vessel’s structural and watertight integrity, system’s installations, and operating condition, as well as performance. A comprehensive report is issued which includes an equipment list, specifications and detailed list of deficiencies and recommendations. Replacement and market values (in US dollars) are assigned to the vessel. Most lending institutions and insurance companies require a pre-purchase survey.
New Construction Consultation and Surveys
New construction surveys are conducted on a progressive inspection schedule throughout the vessels construction. Inspection includes observations of the structural integrity of the hull and superstructure, installation of systems, and cosmetic fit and finish of the vessel upon completion.
Insurance Evaluation Surveys
Insurance surveys are conducted to determine marine risk and value of a vessel, and are often used for re-insurance of vessel.
Financial Evaluation Surveys
An inspection to determine the vessel’s value is conducted primarily for refinancing, estate settlement, and divorce asset value.
Customs surveys are conducted on foreign registered vessels that are being imported into the Vietnam or others in order to determine value for duty [tax] assessment, synchronization.
Damage inspections determine the scope of damage and aid in the formulation of a repair plan. Progressive inspections of the repair work are often requested, along with a final inspection of completed repair work.
A list of maintenance recommendations is compiled in order to prioritize maintenance items. This is often conducted prior to the vessel’s scheduled shipyard service.
Audio Gauge Survey
Audio gauge testing is conducted to determine deterioration or “wastage” in aluminum and steel shell plating, structure/members and tankage.
A non-destructive moisture meter determines moisture content in fiberglass lamination and wood. A moisture inspection is necessary prior to final lay-up after a blister repair.
Insurance Claim Consultation
Insurance claim consultations are conducted to verify the scope of damage and settlement issued by an insurance adjuster.
Inspection of Repair Work
Inspections of repair work are conducted to attest to the integrity level and cosmetic quality of shipyard and/or sub-contractor repair work.
Hull Bottom Inspection
Hull bottom inspections are conducted to ascertain the integrity of the hull, Identify any damage due to groundings, galvanic action, and normal wear or contact with submerged objects, and check for proper alignment of the running gear.
ICSurveys provides consultation services in all aspects of vessel building, vessel operation and vessel repair.
Marine Casualty Investigations
Marine casualty investigations are conducted worldwide to determine the cause or circumstances leading up to a marine casualty including sinking, grounding, collision, allision, and fraud.
Pre – loading inspection is the actions to control the quantity, weight of goods, packing, marking, sizes. . .of goods and tally of goods quantity before, during loading cargo into ship’s holds, the clean survey of ship’s holds, dunnage, lashing for cargo during loading.
In Marine field, Pre – loading inspection are carrying out the inspections on:
- Inspection/survey to preparation, stowage & survey
- Inspection/survey to hold cleaning – preparing a ship for grain
- Inspection/survey to dunnage
- Testing weather-tight integrity of dry cargo vessels’ hatch covers
- Inspection/survey Loading, stowage
- Cargo pre-loading surveys
- Lashing and securing deck cargoes
- Preparing cargo plans – structural limitations
- Stowage of break bulk cargo (general cargo)
- Air changes – ventilation of cargo compartments
- The silver nitrate test
- Measurement of bulk cargoes – draught surveys
Our Marine Survey Activities in all (but not limited)
- Pre-Loading Inspection
- Cargo Tank Inspection
- Draft Survey/Inspection
- Deadweight Survey/Inspections
- Deadweight calculation
- Survey/Inspection & Issues of Ullage & Weight
- Cargo Contamination Investigations
- Loading / Discharge Pumping Inspection/Survey
- Tank Calibration Calculation & Issues
- Approval & Issues of Quality & Weight Certificates
- Bunker Survey/Inspection Inspection/Survey services
- Crude oil vessels Survey/Inspection
- New Ship Building Supervision – inspection
- Consumer Goods Survey/Inspection
- Hull & Machinery damages inspection/Survey
- Supervision, Survey of repairs
- Investigation & Analysis of causes & circumstances of incidents & accidents
- Paint & Coatings, Corrosion inspection, Survey
- Pre-Purchase Vessel Condition Survey/Inspection
- On-hire, Off-hire & condition Survey/Inspection
- P&I Survey/Inspection
- Dry-docking Survey/Inspection
- Ship Register Survey/Inspection
- Marine consultants
- Projects of new shipbuilding/ ship designs
- Free gas Inspection.
- Survey / Inspection of damage and / or loss to be stuffed cargo
- Loading supervision, stuffed to/discharging Survey/Inspection, intact seal condition checking
- Survey/Inspection to damage and/or loss to lash barges lighters causing by collision
- Survey/Inspection & approval of towage & stowage, lashing
- Seaworthiness condition Survey/Inspection
- On-hire, Off-hire & condition of container Survey/Inspections
- Investigation of causes pollution
- Investigation of causes damage reasons
- Reports to damage extent / preventing and overcoming to handling consequence of pollution
- Study to transport feasibility
- Superintendence to handling & stowage
- Prevention inspection of damage and/or loss on goods
- Pre-loading cargo Survey/Inspection
- Planning & stowage Survey/Inspections
- Bulk cargo weight Survey/Inspection
- Inspection & supervision of weight, packing of bulk cargo
- Quantity tally
- Damage & loss prevention inspection/survey to goods
- Tanks, holds inspection
- Supervision on loading/discharge
- Liquid, dry cargo contamination
- Disputes concerned to cargo outturn
- Damage and/or loss of cargo Survey/inspection
- Disputes to charter party performance
- Mechanical equipment structures inspection
- Survey/Inspection & report of collision
- Distribution on general & average damage
- Loss extent/ Survey/Inspection of damage covered by P&I insurance.
- Pre-loading Inspection
- Watertight hatch cover survey/inspection
- Cleanness holds survey/inspection
- Damaged cargo assessment & estimate
- Inspection & supervision of goods loading/discharging
- Sampling on loading/unloading and in factory
- Marine Survey/inspection
- Off-shore Survey/inspection
- Loss Adjuster (for Insurance)
- Valuation & Appraisal to Real Estate & Machineries, lines, equipment, vessel, enterprise, project
- Buying Agent
- Marine Surveyors
- Super cargo inspection
- P&I, H&M condition surveys
- P&I Correspondents
- Estimate of damages, Estimate of repairs
- Ship valuation for bank finance purposes
- Project cargo and heavy lift superintendence
- Pre-purchase condition surveys and Class record evaluations
- Port Captain, Loading Master
- Certification services